Welcome
Welcome to Caligari Truespace 3D Modeling Forum and Tutorials.

Click this link to join our community today.

Caligari Truespace 7.6 and 7.61 Beta 8 Download Sites.

This was the last official release of Caligari Corporations Truespace line of model creation software. The company was sold to Microsoft Corporation and ceased to exist after 2009. Ironically, the product was released as a free product and continues to persist maintainly due to a small group of former Caligari customers and a globally based group of 3D artists who still enjoy using this very simple model creation tool.

Caligari Truespace 7.6 and 7.61 Beta 8 Download Sites.

Postby BNG123 » November 23rd, 2012, 11:41 am

TS 7.61 Beta 8 download is an improved more stable release of the original TS 7.6 3D modeling software. Several bugs were fixed and this version also includes the very popular older more stable TS 6.6 version that many model makers prefer as it supports many popular import and export formats like COB, SCN, X, DFX, LWO, GEO, 3DS, ASC, PRJ, OBJ, and several less known formats.

I highly recommend this version as it's not only free, but quite capable of easily producing some very high quality 3D models and animated artwork without a lot of previous modeling software knowledge. Beginners will especially love it due to the easy to understand modeling tools it uses to streamline the model creation process. Typical modeling software requires users to learn a lot of technical jargon to master the program. TS, avoids this pitfall by greatly simplifying the user controls through the use of visual aids in the form of 3D widgets and icon based modeling tools.

Download Truespace @ Mod DB or
Get it @ United 3d Artists.
or Windows 7 Downloads.

In the event you can not find a link to download them click the link below to download them from my Sky Drive account. The file size is 127 megabytes, but is the actual full installer program for Truespace 7.6 which includes a full version of Truespace 6.6. When you install the program and open up TS 7.6 you can also switch to the 6.6 version of TS by clicking on the Truespace 6 tab. If you want to switch back to TS 7.6 version you can select the Default tab. When working with Truespace try not to get intimidated by the user interface. Switch to the 6.6 version to get used to the basic Caligari interface and use this for a while until you feel comfortable with how it works. Afterwords, you can switch to the 7.6 default version as the basic modeling tools are essentially the same as the 6.6 version of TS.

As you use the software more you should find how easy it is to use the various modeling tools the more you use the software itself. Once you feel comfortable using TS spend some time learning how to install Caligari 3rd party TSX plugins to add more modeling tools to the basic tools that come with TS. TSX plugins are very useful for importing and exporting model formats that TS does not support by default. I have plugins for various models formats like the Unreal 3D engine, PSA and PSK.

BNG's Skydrive TS 7.6 TS 6.6 Download link if no other link is active.
BNG123

Have thanks: 2 time

Re: Caligari Truespace 7.6 and 7.61 Beta 8 Download Sites.

Postby blickfang » January 4th, 2013, 2:28 pm

common sense tells me to master Anim8or or even Blender :D

But I will give it a whirl. How about tutes? :D
blickfang

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby tsvetan » January 4th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Every modeling software has its own style , positive and negative side. You should have a look to decide. There are many tuts on the tube, as you wish.
tsvetan

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby BNG123 » January 5th, 2013, 3:49 am

I hear you. I've started to use Blender a bit more for modeling and the user interface has come along way towards being much more user friendly. Anim8or is a good choice as well as a new one I recently listed called, DAZ Hexagon 2.5. It won't do animations, but as a general modeler can easily create some very cool models.
BNG123

Postby BNG123 » January 6th, 2013, 5:07 am

blickfang wrote:common sense tells me to master Anim8or or even Blender :D

But I will give it a whirl. How about tutes? :D

My suggestion if you prefer video based tutorials is do a search on YouTube as I found many by other users posted over the years, and possibly a forum called, United3dArtists.com. That forum has a ton of old time modelers that are very friendly towards new TS users. Also, start with the modelside of TS 7.6, or 7.61 Beta 8. The modelside is labelled under the Truespace 6 tab. I have most of the documentation hosted on this forum. There are both CHM help and PDF user manuals hosted as well. It's awesome to see another Anim8or veteran on this forum. Welcome, Leroy.
BNG123

Return to Blogging Caligari Truespace 7.6 and 7.61 Beta 8.